December 19, 2010

Bath time. Relax time.

One of the first steps to becoming a happier person can be to spend more time with yourself, no doubt. 'Me time' can be the best time, period end of story. It is time with oneself that allows people to reflect: on who they really are, and what they truly want. This time can be spent in countless different ways depending on what one's likes and passions are.

Personally, I love reading, exercise in the form of: yoga, hiking, walking & cycling, taking on new hobbies or picking up a new one again, going on adventures and much more ... including baths, duh!

Baths relax ones soul and the body, letting the spirit rejuvenate. Enjoying a relaxing bath doesn't take much effort. Many think that they don't have the time for a luxurious hour long bath necessary to fully relax and attain the benefits at hand. This assumption holds false however because one can sit in a bath for just a minimum of 10 or 15 minutes and still release stress. Baths hold many health benefits as well that not many are aware of.
"[They] relax muscles, calm your mind, detoxify, moisture, stimulate circulation and clear your lymph system..."

I recently fell back in love with taking baths when I went back home to Maui over the holidays to visit family and the beautiful island I grew up on. My mother and her husband had just remodeled their bathroom, so it was a perfect time to take advantage of my free time and surroundings, and completely relax. I actually spent New Years eve night with a glass of wine and a bubble bath instead of partying this year, and it felt great!

No comments:

Post a Comment