February 23, 2012

Ten ways to good health.

 If you want to purchase the cup you can go here.

Growing up I was reminded on a daily basis about the principles of good health by my mother. We ate and lived a specific way.  I watched her prepare nutritious, well balanced meals and pick the parking spot farthest away from our destination because "a little walk won't hurt" - and the time we spend walking across the entire parking lot is always less than the time people spend driving around trying to find one right in the front.  She has no doubt influenced my life tremendously and helped shape my thinking in what it means to lead a healthy life.
 
The other day as I was drinking tea, I remembered a small mug that she had that outlined the ten ways to good health. As I searched for it online, I was SO pleased when I actually found it and saw that it was cheap and accessible. I can't wait to purchase it and have it in my household as a daily reminder of my mother and ways to practice good health.

The Ten Ways to Good Health are:

Less Alcohol    More Tea
Less Meat        More Vegetables
Less Salt          More Vinegar
Less Sugar       More Fruit
Less Eating      More Chewing
Less Words      More Action
Less Greed       More Giving
Less Worry       More Sleep
Less Driving     More Walking
Less Anger       More Laughing

No comments:

Post a Comment