
My partner bought us tickets to see "Cirque Du Soleil- Dralion" last night, and it has taken me a whole day to recover and collect my thoughts fully on it. The show was a magical performance yet quite funny; no doubt it made for a great night filled with lots of entertainment.Cirque Du Soleil is ....
(description taken from Cirque Du Soleil- Dralion website)
A short video on the show can be watched here to get a better idea of what exactly I saw :)Fusing the 3000 year-old tradition of Chinese acrobatic arts with the multidisciplinary approach of Cirque du Soleil, Dralion draws its inspiration from Eastern philosophy and its never-ending quest for harmony between humans and nature. The show’s name is derived from its two emblematic creatures: the dragon, symbolizing the East, and the lion, symbolizing the West.
In Dralion, the four elements that govern the natural order take on a human form. Thus embodied, each element is represented by its own evocative colour: air is blue; water is green; fire is red; earth is ochre. In the world of Dralion, cultures blend, Man and Nature are one, and balance is achieved.
It was most inspiring for me to watch in awe what the human body is capable of. I used to do gymnastics when I was younger and dance ballet, jazz, and hiphop growing up. I am quite flexible, not to gloat or anything, but my ability does not even begin to compare what these performers can do. After the show I could not help be inspired to get even more into shape but also increase my flexibility. In my past I have done yoga quite a bit which not only helps balance me spiritually, but also helped push me to be more flexible over time with out actually 'stretching'; that is of course to common how far can you reach stretching exercises that we all grew up with in gym class. So, my motive to getting more flexible is to start practicing yoga more often and integrating it into my every day practices.
No comments:
Post a Comment