January 19, 2012

Super Tasty & Healthy Cookies!


As a subscriber to Tara Stiles youtube channel, I found this great super simple oatmeal, chocolate chip cookie recipe that I automatically fell in love with. The reason I did: it has no added sugar, butter, or eggs! The added bananas and chocolate make it just sweat enough to be a treat and the oatmeal, almond meal flour (I just used gluten free wheat flour), and coconut oil make it one of the healthiest cookie recipes I've come across. I tried them last night and have to admit they are my new favorite treat!

Ingredients: (Try to use all organic ingredients if you can, to make them even tastier and better for you!)
  • 3 large bananas
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil
  • 2 cups rolled oats
  • 2/3 cup almond meal flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 6-7 oz chocolate 
(My alterations: First I didn't have baking powder in my cabinet so I decided not to use it, and I used organic gluten free wheat flour instead of almond meal. I also used half of the chocolate the recipe calls for and it was still super sweat and chocolate-y. My girlfriend said there was even too much chocolate for her, so use to your liking.) 

Instructions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • Make sure to heat the coconut oil so it is in liquid form, not a solid
  • Mash the bananas up
  • Combine all the wet ingredients, then the dry ingredients in separate bowls
  • Mix all ingredients together
  • Place slightly flattened balls of cookie dough onto baking sheet
  • Bake for 10-15 minutes (depending on how thick you make your cookies, mine only took 10 minutes)
Final product: (A horrible picture from my phone, but trust me these are DELICIOUS!)

No comments:

Post a Comment