February 21, 2013

UO Matters: UO Matters reporter Nick Ekblad, on armed UOPD

UO Matters: UO Matters reporter Nick Ekblad, on armed UOPD: 2/20/2013: UO Matters needs extra reporters to cover everything that's going down. UO student Nick Ekblad has agreed to report o...

As an University of Oregon alumni who happens to be the girlfriend of this handsome reporter, I wanted to share this recent blog post from UO Matters. In my opinion, the university's department of public safety had no need in becoming a police department (UOPD) in the first place. Now that they are in fact a police department though, they should have the right to be armed- just as all Americans do. That aside, I'm SO glad I wasn't on campus going to school while there were armed police officers walking or biking driving around.  You can read similar articles on the matter (like this) at the Oregon Commentator.

Maybe you don't get my humor... nevertheless, World Peace always and forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment