This morning has been a beautiful one as I treated my girlfriend to coffee and breakfast at
Vero Espresso House since she took me out on a dinner and drinks date night the evening before. Not only did the outrageously gorgeous weather make this morning beautiful, but the company did. No I am not talking about my girlfriend, who though is beautiful also, the company we were given was from a complete stranger. This young man named Jesse began discussing our choice of food we selected for breakfast then quickly moved the conversation to the autobiography of
Keith Richards which he was reading on his newly purchased Kindle. From there, the words exchanged with this complete stranger went on a journey from urban planning to the who's who on Maui to general life advice. I couldn't help leaving Vero's with a smile on my face.

Sometimes the person next to you on the bus, at a restaurant, in class, or just another pedestrian walking by you as you rush through life- may be a future worthy friend, co worker, or soul mate. One can never truly know what the future holds for them. So why not give a stranger a smile, or friendly greeting? The worst that can happen is that it not be returned to you, and that doesn't feel too bad after knowing that you gave it first and it cost you nothing... for a smile or greeting to someone who might have really needed it, is one of the greatest gifts to give.
Though I wasn't always, I am now a strong believer that you are never alone in the world. No one is. Whether we want to be or not, we are all connected. Therefore, strangers are only possibilities of great additions in your life.
No comments:
Post a Comment