August 18, 2011

Just do it.


Today I mostly spent the day running errands and cleaning my house. However when I woke up this morning, the one task that I had for myself to accomplish before anything else ( I have an on going 'to-do' list) was to go on an actual run/walk and to clean out my own body with some cardiovascular exercise followed with a healthy breakfast. I did indeed make and eat a wholesome, healthy breakfast (which today was organic plain yogurt with granola and ground flax seed on top) but afterwords, I found other things to do to keep myself busy instead of exercising. The same thing has happened the past three days. Despite this somewhat discouraging fact, I ended up being able to make myself go on a walk with my partner this afternoon before we ate dinner. We have a great relationship when it comes down to pushing each other. I push her to get out of the house and away from her studies (she's pre-med, double majoring and triple minoring) but once out of the house she encourages me to push myself even more. This in turn, ends with great reward. As Phil Knight would encourage me to say for the love of Nike: Just do it.


I am not trying to lose a bunch of weight necessarily, I am just trying to be the healthiest me I can be. And lately, needless to say I have not been on par with the healthy, fit Cassidy I know has once existed and thrived off live. She is not gone, so I shouldn't say she has once existed as though she doesn't anymore. This Me has just been preoccupied with taking a breather from a crazy stressful school year, a visit to Oregon from Mom, taking and finishing classes during two Summer terms, a visit from a childhood friend of mine and my sisters and her boyfriend, helping my little sister organize her life a little, pack, move, move back (the storage unit was closed the day we went- once in the whole year) pack, move, drive to shuttle her off to the airport, and say goodbye, and working on keeping up with yard work at my new house.

So... I am excited to be done with Summer classes and have time to myself to reflect on what I want to spend my extra time doing. One thing being: The health of my body that I love so much! There is no better confidence booster than loving yourself fully, including your body.


Just to be clear, I a STRONG advocate for healthy weight loss and a balanced nutritious lifestyle to follow it. If anyone has questions on what this means to me or how to pertain this to your life, don't feel shy to ask me questions!! I'd love to help.


No comments:

Post a Comment