I try to eat a bowl or cup of plain organic yogurt with ground flax seed every morning. I usually do not reach that goal, but I get pretty darn close to it. Having organic plain yogurt first thing in the morning is highly beneficial to your health. Yogurt is packed with protein and potassium, but another beneficial item it has are probiotics! These are live bacteria that help in your digestion while protecting the body against other harmful bacterias. A cup of yogurt topped with ground flax seed which is dense in fiber, protein, and Omega 3 oil, makes for one healthy breakfast or part of one.
I buy my Flax seed in bulk at a local health food store and store them in an air tight glass jar.
[Many of my bulk goodies I store in glass jars such as the one photographed here. These I reuse after buying them with pasta sauce or a nut butter in them, finishing the contents and cleaning them. It's always better to REUSE then recycle!]
To ground the flax seed I use a coffee grinder seen in the picture to the right. I normally grind about 1/2 - 1 whole Tablespoon full, or just above the blade in the grinder.
[I have a separate grinder for coffee and for flax seeds! The brand I have for my flax seed is Braun and my coffee grinder is Mr. Coffee.]
After the flax seed is made into a powder like form, you add it into the bowl or cup of yogurt and stir. I usually top with chunks of fruit or raisins with some organic maple syrup. You, however may alter this to your tasting.
As a side note:
When I store fruit, especially the bigger fruit such as pineapple or melons, I like to wrap them then place them on a big serving platter so the juices that may seep out do not get all over my fridge!






No comments:
Post a Comment