A morning full of PROTEIN!! The most important thing to have in the morning is protein and good carbohydrates to give your body power throughout the day!
The other morning this is what I made: A delicious vegetarian sausage and veggie stir fry with scrambled eggs on the side.
Ingredients:
1/3 of an onion
1/2 of a sweet pepper (I used red)
5 mushrooms
1 vegetarian sausage link (I used the Field Roast brand)
1 handful of spinach
2 eggs
[The onion, red pepper, and eggs are all organically grown from my landlord who has a farm out in Venita OR :) ]
Directions:
- In preparation I cut all ingredients into thin slices as seen in the pictures above.
- Grease the pan. I added some organic Olive Oil to the pan.
- Start with cooking the ingredients that take a longer time to cook. I put my sliced sausage and red peppers in first. Then added Onions after a minute or so.
- At this time in another pan (that I greased also) I start to make my eggs. I tend to like them scrambles of over-easy.
- After a few minutes stirring often, add the ingredients that cook faster such as the spinach and mushrooms.
- In a few minutes once the mushrooms and spinach are soft, it will be done, simultaneously the eggs will finish cooking.
And... tadaaaaaa!
I like to serve my scrambles with a piece of toast or pancake (as seen here partly eaten already, haha).
Btw- You might have noticed a drink called Synergy in the picture when I'm preparing the food and in this larger image. You might or might not be curious about it, but since I thoroughly enjoy it I thought I would share some info on it! It is a KOMBUCHA drink!! Kombucha is a tea like drink made of a fermented mushroom (sounds gross I know, but it doesn't taste like it). It is highly beneficial to you, giving your body an immediate energy boost with natural good bacteria. You should do your own research in the drink however if you are interested in starting to drink it on a regular basis because there is some discussion of it being bad for your health in drinking it too often. I tend to grab this Synergy brand when I am out and about on the go in a small shopping market near or on campus, but there are also great local brands that I am sure you can find in your town or city. If you are not able to, try a health food store nearest to you.
Beware- Due to uptight governmental laws, the Classic Synergy can now only be purchased if you are 21 years or older due to slight (very very little) alcohol content. In no way is this an actual alcoholic beverage.



No comments:
Post a Comment