October 22, 2011
MyMcKenzie project.
I currently just finished my university's Environmental Leadership Program working on the MyMcKenzie project. Our main goal was to take photographs of the great McKenzie River watershed here in Oregon, that invoke emotion that wouldn't normally be seen from various different people within the community, while showcasing its beauty and educating them on its destruction. We created a photography based website with photo essays, a gallery of all of our pictures, and ways in which the viewers can get involved. I was extremely thrilled to of gotten the chance to work on such an amazing project. You can check out our website here MyMcKenzie.
During the project I found myself looking for inspiration every chance I get, and I continue to do so now that I bought a new camera.
Below are a few pictures I took at D-Wright Observatory, Highway 242, Clear Lake (the McKenzie River's headwaters) and then Tamolitch Pool (also known as Blue Pool), an area where the water comes back to the surface from underground.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment