June 29, 2012

peaceBOMB Bracelets

I fell in love with the peaceBOMB project and Article 22 after learning about their story as I am sure you will also. The idea of cleaning up a postwar sight (in Laos), reducing the amount of dangerous metals from bombs left behind, bringing awareness to recycling this trash into new usable jewelry and other goodies, while bringing more awareness to consumerist American ways in comparison to the global market... well it's just astonishing and inspiring!


So, when my ex and I had been discussing what each other wanted for our one year anniversary (which was last October) instead of a piece of jewelry with no meaning behind it, I asked her to get me a peaceBOMB bracelet.


Whenever I wear it and glance at my wrist, I am not only reminded of what the bracelet is made out of and where it came from, but of how peace is a never ending goal that everyone should strive for. Yes here it comes... I want world peace! There I said it, and it doesn't matter how "Miss beauty pageant" of me I sound, I honestly believe that it's possibly.

No comments:

Post a Comment